2. Host a social media contest. We see these a lot, but we wouldn’t if they didn’t work. Just make sure to keep the instructions simple. If you ask your user to do to much, you will see less interaction and the contest could potentially flop. Post a photo of the giveaway, ask your fans to “like” it and tag a friend. Tagging friends help spread the contest and grow brand awareness. Set your goals ahead of time and decide what it is that you would like to achieve! Make sure to set a time limit to the contest and always announce the winner.
3. Send out to prospects. You will have to invest a little more energy into something like this, but the return will be worth your time! Start small and choose a handful of companies, people, etc. that you would like to work with. Package up your giveaway along with some other goodies and send it out! Make sure to include some sort of call to action (perhaps a special deal or discount) in the package along with your contact information. Send the package to someone specific and follow up in a week if you haven’t heard back. As a bonus, place a special hand written note on top!
4. Sponsor an event. Growing your business might mean spending more money sometimes especially if it means getting in front of the right crowd! Instead of traditional advertising, in hopes of hitting the right people, get more microscopic and sponsor an event where you can get directly into the hands of the people you want to meet. For instance, throw a free t-shirt in the giveaway bag! The payoff can be big especially if you are there representing yourself. People can have immediate interactions, ask questions and even place orders on the spot!
5. Play a game. If you attend a lot of events and/or conferences, break up the monotony of breaks in between sessions with a little fun! Host an activity where people can win something, but make sure it’s immediate (not a raffle) to keep the excitement levels high. Remember this might be their first experience with your brand. Leave them with a fun memory!
6. Give it to your employees.This one should probably be at the top of the list! Your employees are going to be your biggest fans (hopefully, haha). They have the ability to influence the circles around them! They know someone that knows someone else. You get the point, right? If they buy into what you’re doing, chances are the people around them will too. Give them something to show off and throw in an extra for their friends.
7. **BONUS* Send customer giveaways! It’s great to gain new customers, but it’s even better to hold onto the ones you have. People remember their experience upon first finding you as well as walking through your process. After you give them the best possible experience, follow up with a thank you note and a small gift/giveaway that represents your company well! If they’ve enjoyed their experience, they will be your best brand advocates and share the good news.
T-shirts are one of the best giveaway ideas and can be used in each one of these situations to boost customer acquisition! Lets create something awesome together that will open new doors. Get started here!