Our mockup artist role is primarily responsible for two things: 1) creating mockups which accurately depict how a design will look when printed and 2) separating each art file and sending it to our computer-to-screen unit in a timely manner for the pre-press department to begin making screens. This role is responsible for seeing that each customers art is translated to an accurate, printable mockup for the customer to approve. Once approved, the role prepares separations in Illustrator and/or Photoshop which will produce the desired result on the selected t-shirt.
- Working with customers art files to produce a mockup for the them to approve.
- Light creation of art in Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Separating art files to produce the look desired by the customer.
- Communicating with customers to determine the desired look from their artwork.
- Organizing separations for easy reference at later dates.
- Inventorying and ordering needed supplies.
- Learning and developing separation techniques.
- Develop marketing materials which fit with the Real Thread brand and design.
- Deep proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite Applications, specifically Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Prior screen printing experience a plus but not necessary. We’ll teach the craft, but you need the AI and PSD mastered already.
- Bachelors degree in anything.
- You love t-shirts, like obsessed with t-shirts.
- Young, hungry self-started who is excited to be a key part of a fast growing industry leader.
- Love and passion to learn, grow and develop as a young professional.
- Loves a customer centric culture.
- Wants to deliver wow-filled experiences to customers and fellow team members.
- Appreciates art, fashion, technology and growth.
- Enjoys a laid back but fast paced work environment.
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary is based on experience. You’ll enjoy great health & dental insurance, paid time off, profit sharing, a cell phone plan, a stocked kitchen for your mid-day munchies and working with an awesome team.
How To Apply
Please call 858-790-8962 and leave a message telling us your name, why you want this position and why we should hire you.
After leaving a message, email email@example.com with a subject of “Mockup Artist”, attach a resume and cover letter which includes your requested compensation. After that, we’ll reach out shortly.
Thanks so much for the interest. Lets create wow together!